Friday, July 31, 2009

My insanity knows no bounds

So I blogged about the company my husband and I are setting up. I wont say the name but the scoop is that we(meaning T) will be designing and programming the games and we(meaning me) will market to mobile device users-iphones, blackberries, google phones, etc.
This has kept us very busy and I am handling the business end such as getting our LLC paperwork done, getting tax info, writing a business plan. Well I get the brilliant idea that this would be a great time to start selling my crafts! yay, I am an idiot!!! I've been making bows and hair accessories for a few months now and I get lots of compliments on them and people ask where I bought them, so I thought it might be a good idea to put a toe into the craft market. So now I am setting up an etsy store; trying to get approved for local craft fairs, woohoo got into one BTW, and figuring out all the other jazz such as taxes and pricing. My husband thinks we are crazy but we are both type A ambitious people so I guess it makes sense.

Speaking of crafts, I want to share a little project I did.

Take a $5 lamp
plus a $3 can of silver spray paint

and you have a brand new lamp!
It is the one on the right. I had a matching set of the lamp on the left, but I lost one in the move. I was so upset but I think the new one has the same sort of feel. Not bad for $9, right? I picked up a chair last week that needs some TLC, I will post pics when I am done with it.

No comments: