Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Bake Time: 15 to 20 minutes
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
4 ounces deli sliced corned beef, chopped
½ cup Thousand Island dressing
½ cup drained sauerkraut
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, the dressing and corned beef. Spread in a pie plate or other shallow serving dish. Top with the sauerkraut and the remaining ½ cup of Swiss cheese.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve hot with pretzel crisps or cocktail-size rye bread squares.
Yield: About 8 to 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
2 16-oz. rolls of regular sausage (Bob Evans, Jimmy Dean, whatever your favorite brand is)
2 8-oz. packages of cream cheese, softened
28 ounces picante sauce
1. Brown the sausage, breaking it up and crumbling it as it cooks. Once cooked through, remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Mix in the cream cheese and picante sauce.
2. Microwave in 30 seconds increments, stirring between each, until the dip is heated through and the cream cheese is melted.
3. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, pretzel crisps or crackers.
now on to dessert!
Since the steelers were in the game, I had to make something black and gold so I went to a tried and true recipe-BOSTON CREAM CUPCAKES Nomnomnom
These are SO easy.
1 pack vanilla pudding mix
1 box yellow cake mix
plus all the items needed to make the cake and pudding.
Prepare cake mix according to directions. Decide if you are doing cupcakes or a whole cake.
Prepare pudding according to directions for pie filling.
Instructions for cupcakes-
Prepare cakes and let cool. Once pudding is done setting, carefully cut off cupcake tops. Spoon vanilla pudding onto the cupcake and replaced cupcake top. You want to make sure you keep the vanilla pudding in the middle when you are spooning it on, so it doesnt run down the sides.
Repeat for all cupcakes.
Microwave chocolate for 2 mins. You will want to stir it after 1 minute and then keep a close eye on it.
Once chocolate is melted, whip in the heavy cream until it is creamy.
Drizzle chocolate mix over cupcakes or use like frosting.
Whole cake instructions-
Make 2 round cakes. Once they are cooled, spoon vanilla pudding on the bottom layer and then place top layer on top. Once again, keep the pudding away from the edges so it doesnt run down the sides.
Coat the top of the cake in the chocolate sauce and then drizzle it around the sides.
Very easy dessert that is sure to impress.