Monday, March 30, 2015

Dusting off the blog with a travel post- Great Wolf Lodge

Hi All! Yes, I stopped blogging many moons ago but I feel this is the right time to pick it back up. I have been active on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram but lately I have felt that I needed a home base. I am always posting recipes, pictures, crafts and I honestly wanted to get them out of my personal space so they are more accessible.

So I decided to kick off my blogging with a list. We just spent the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge and had a blast. Given the environment, it can present some unique issues. It is like packing for the beach and an amusement park all in one. I have been to Great Wolf Lodge, GWL, three times now so I feel like a veteran.



So here are my must-dos for a trip to Great Wolf Lodge:

1. NO BODY SHAMING-nuff said. People are there to enjoy time with their kids and families. It is a water park thus bathing suits are necessary, a situation that leaves many, many people uneasy. You do not need to make them feel worse.

2. Appropriate swimwear for everyone- When I say appropriate, I mean suits that can be worn while going down the lazy river or down the crazy slides or splashing in the wave pool. The last thing you want is a suit that rides up or falls down while trying to have fun. This goes for everyone both young and young at heart. I also recommend bringing multiple suits and cover ups for the whole gang.

3. Comfy Shoes and clothes- My girls love the MagiQuest game that GWL offers. It also means running up and down stairs MULTIPLE times. If you will be helping the kiddos out with the game, you will also be running up and down stairs. Comfy shoes are a must for everyone playing. I advise against flip flops just for the safety factor.

4. Food- Yes, you can bring snacks. That is a no brainer but rooms are also equipped with microwaves and mini fridges.  Bring easy meals that can be microwaved such as mac n cheese or soup. I also brought cheese and yogurt and juices. GWL has food onsite but that can get expensive.

5. Do not assume you will be in the water all day-I have already mentioned MagiQuest that GWL has on site. It is a fun wizard game that revolves around quests for ancient ruins and adventures to complete tasks. This can take multiple hours depending on the skill levels of the players. GWL also has storytime in the lobby, nature walks, special game such as scavengers hunts, dance parties, and an arcade. Most likely you will not be in the water all the time so try to factor those into your visit timeline.


No comments: