Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cat Poem

Oh poor kitty of the basement

You don’t seem comfortable here

Are you used to a larger futon bed?

I was unaware they had futon beds in the woods, but

I am sorry our humble abode isn’t to your liking. I wish our futon bed was bigger. I know a 10lb cat needs lots of space.

Oh you don’t like the water in the water dish? I am sorry you find the need to sit in my kitchen sink and lick the faucet. I am sure the rainwater and mud in the woods are far superior to the water in your water dish. I apologize once again.

I am so happy that you found my bedroom and it is music to my ears to hear you crying for food at 5am.

I am sure you miss living on bugs and that the meow mix is mere garbage. You have such a sophisticated palette afterall.

Oh kitty of the basement, I am so sorry you seem to hate it here. I know I deserved your punishment of digging through our clean and folded laundry and leaving a coating of white fur. It was such a just punishment for our shortcomings.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love it! Cats are such delightfully finicky creatures, aren't they?